Almost every five seconds someone is involved in an automobile accident. In most situations these accidents occur as a result of carelessness or negligence.
In fact, auto accidents are the leading cause of death for Americans under the age of 35. According to the National Highway Safety Traffic Association, more than 40,000 people were killed and more than 2.5 million injured in the United States in 2007 alone. Florida ranks 2nd behind California for the highest number of automobile related deaths with over 3,300. Too often these injuries and deaths could have been prevented. Thankfully, there are laws in place to protect victims of automobile negligence.
Cohen & Newmark PLLC. has built a national reputation in successfully helping victims of negligence obtain justice. Our team of lawyers, paralegals and investigators are trained to handle any automobile accident, big or small. It is our mission that all our clients be fairly and quickly compensated for their pain and suffering, unpaid medical expenses and lost wages. Rest assured we have the financial resources to consult and retain some of the top experts in any field, enabling us to take on the biggest insurance companies with confidence.
So, if you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, please contact us immediately for a free consultation with one of our Florida car accident attorneys.
• Stop and assess the situation.
• Call 911.
• If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. At the very least, write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident.
• Take pictures of damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident.
• Only speak to the police officer.
• Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate.
• Do not sign anything, or admit that you are fault.
• Call Cohen & Newmark PLLC immediately via our 24/7 Injury hotline at 561-859-0900.